RIDE YOUR BIKE ALL YEAR LONG
Summer is over, fall is here and winter is on its way. You want to continue cycling through the cold, dark months ahead, but you have some questions:
- Do you need a special bicycle built for winter road conditions?
- How are you going to stay warm while on your bike?
- Will you need to purchase studded snow tires?
- What kind of clothes should you be wearing?
- Which fabrics are best for winter weather conditions?
- How can you be sure that motorists will see you?
- Which type of pedal system and shoes are best for winter cycling?
- How do you know you're not going to lose a finger or toe when the weather gets too cold?
- What is the safest way to ride in the rain and snow?
- How do you prevent yourself from crashing?
- Is it possible to conduct a long-distance bicycle tour during the winter months?
- How do you protect your bicycle from corrosive salt, gravel and sand?
- How can you carry a snowboard or set of skis on your bike?
- Is there any way to continue cycling during the winter months if you don't want to cycle in the cold, rain, ice, or snow?
- What happens if you get caught in a giant winter storm?
Whatever questions you might have about riding your bicycle in the wintertime, the information in this book will not only help you stay warm, arrive home safely and weather even the worst possible conditions, but will keep you smiling all winter long.
In This Book You Will Learn How To:
No Matter What Type Of Winter Cyclist You May Be
The content inside "Winter Cycling" is designed for every type of bicycle rider - whether you are a sporty racer, an athletic enthusiast, or a casual commuter. The information in this book will help you survive in warm-weather, cold-weather and off-road winter cycling conditions.
Warm-weather winter cycling is any type of bike-riding experience in which the temperature outside is 33 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius) or above.
Cold-weather winter cycling refers to any type of bike ride in which the outside temperature is at least 32 degrees Fahrenheit or below (0 degrees Celsius).
Off-road winter cycling refers to any type of winter bike ride in which you are no longer on paved, dirt, or gravel roads, but are instead cycling on top of ice or snow.
"The information on clothing and tires alone is worth more than the price of the book."Adrian Hernandez - Austin, Texas
"You've changed my outlook on winter cycling completely. Thank you!"Carl Burntree - Washington DC, USA
"You have given me the confidence to ride in the cold and conquer even the wildest winter weather conditions."Deborah Hillerbaum - Portland, Oregon
Now Available In Paperback & eBook Formats
Winter Cycling can be read on your favorite eReader or ordered as a traditional paperback book.
Download “Winter Cycling” to your Kindle eReader or access on your Kindle-ready computer, iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
Apple / Nook / Sony
Download “Winter Cycling” to your Apple, Nook or Sony eReader. Available on every Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad device.
You can pre-order “Winter Cycling” as a traditional paperback book (delivered Nov. 2013). Comes with a free PDF eBook.